Central States Winter Tournaments
Warm up for show season at the tournaments!
All tournaments are held at the Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, KS.
December 3, 2016 | February 4, 2017 | March 4, 2017
Some of the benefits we will enjoy include:
- Overnight stabling if you want to haul in on Friday evening, horse stalls are $45 and tack stalls are $25. Bedding is $8/bag and needs to be paid directly to Kansas Expocentre.
- Use of the unheated warm-up arena, show arena will open at 6:00 am on Saturday.
- The show arena is heated with nice bathrooms and a concession area.
- You can buy shavings directly from the facility for $8/bag. NOTE: the Kansas Expo Centre requires all horse stalls to buy at least one bag of shavings, and no outside shavings are allowed.
- 1,400 bleacher seats
- 245 10’x10′ stalls
- 240’x120′ competition area
- 200’x150′ covered exercise area
- 76 electrical hookups for trailers and campers with a dump station. Hookups are $20/30 amp and $25/50 amp.
- Capitol Plaza Hotel is within walking distance of the facility, call 866-460-7456 for reservations.
We are very flexible on the class list. If you have a class you would like to see added, especially the show practice classes, please send Lynn an email or call her at 913-579-7709. Because we have more room, you might think about bringing your young stock that need ring time.
You MUST call or email in your entries (using our online entry form below) by the Wednesday before the show. After Wednesday, entries will not be accepted. Please order stalls early, class changes during the show are acceptable. Entry fees are $20/class.
The warm-up ring will be restricted to the class following the one currently in the ring once classes have commenced.
HIGH POINT AWARDS FOR EACH CLASS
Every class offered will have a High Point Award given out at the last tournament of the season, with a championship ribbon and trophy for each division. Heidi Stanfield has generously offered to track our points this year. Thanks to Heidi for accepting this task. Come show as often as you can and watch those points add up!